The Wildhorse Round Up
Mapleton Wildhorse Roundup
Another amazing weekend on the New Holland Elite Series trail!
Awesome weather and great competition made for a hugely exciting weekend in Mapleton. Congratulations to the Moorefield Optimists and the Drayton Kinsmen for successfully hosting the second Annual Mapleton Rodeo. What an outstanding group of men and women. They represent a fantastic community and the local attendance and support proved this.
As always we want to thank our tour sponsors the New Holland Dealers of Ontario for the province wide support. Twenty Eight Dealerships in Ontario back this outstanding tour that culminates with the “High Performance Showdown” at the Powassan Smoke N Spurs Festival August 29-31.
The local area dealers that were responsible for the Sea of Blue in Mapleton this year were:
- ESM Farm Equipment: Wallenstein
- McGavin Farm Equipment: Walton
- Robert’s Farm Equipment: Mount Forest, Chesley, and Lucknow
- Great Lakes New Holland: St Marys, St Thomas, Tavistock and Mitchell
We started off the 2014 edition with a local rodeo in the Appliteck Arena and kick off party on Friday night. The kids came out by the dozens for mutton busting, pig scrambles and the businessmen’s cow riding and everyone had a BLAST!. What a super fun way to start off an outstanding community weekend. Perfect weather all weekend made for an exceptional event. With outstanding music and the support of Coors Light and Forty Creek Distillery everyone danced all night and had a great time.
Cowboys and cowgirls were welcomed to complimentary coffee from Prairie Rose Coffee and Tea at the Wildhorse Productions office trailer on Sunday morning.
With great scores and times posted in the Saturday performance, Sunday proved once again that if the pressure is on, the competition gets even tougher. Hardly any leaders from Saturday managed to hang onto their leads.
On Sunday afternoon the following cowboys and cowgirls were crowned champions of the 2014 Mapleton New Holland Elite Series Rodeo.
- Bareback: Joe Courville Illinois (76 pts)
- Saddle Bronc: Peter Hallman Ontario (78 pts)
- Bull Riding: Cody Heal Ontario (74 pts)
- Tie Down: Jeremy McCulligh Ontario (12.3 sec)
- Steer Wrestling: Tim Kemp Ontario (4.9 sec)
- Team Roping: Jeremy McCulligh and Jason Thomson Ontario (6.8 sec)
- Ladies Barrels: Barb Millar Ontario (15.88 sec)
- Jr. Steer Riding: Sam Titley Ontario (73 pts)
- Jr Barrels: Emily Hymers Ontario (17.51 sec)
- Breakaway: Teri Lee Dunk Ontario (2.8 sec)
Thanks again to the community of Mapleton, Moorefield Optimists and Drayton Kinsmen. We’ve had fantastic feedback from sponsors and organizers. Congratulations on another successful year!
We are all looking forward to an even bigger and better event in 2015.
We are really looking forward to Spencerville Stampede on July 27 - 28. The next stop on the New Holland Elite Series schedule. Cowboys and Cowgirls don’t miss this one.
Photos courtesy of Luxton Photography.